Monday, December 15, 2008

Money issues...

Ok, I'll get right down to it. The way I see it, with the economic situation the way it is in America right now, it seems like a never ending chain, or even a "tree with branches". Lemme explain: right now, we pay electric bills to the electric company, right? They might charge more because of this whole recession (oh man, I had this all down perfectly in my mind yesterday, but I forgot it). The people in the electric companies, why would they ever feel the need to charge more? Because THEY need more money.

I'm confusing myself. Anyway, I think that the value of money in the U.S.A is declining. People want more cash to pay for stuff they need to pay for, which makes everyone reap the consequences. Greed, I believe is the ultimate driver here. Everyone knows that the greed on wallstreet pushed us into this mess. If someone at the "top" of the tree (so to speak) would lower their prices on whatever they sell, everyone below them might feel better about things. Lets say that the price of gas over the whole country was lowered by 50 cents. Yeah, I know it's dropping, and that's good. We could pay off our $45,000 debts on our cards in 45 years instead of 50. We might be able to afford that new $10,000 Escalade Hybrid! Haha, j/k, but that's another thing. We keep BUYING MORE AND MORE, with less and less money. We are literally spending money we don't have! This would be a great time to be the ceo of VISA. Back to my old point, if for example, gas prices were lowered even more, we might not feel as much of a crunch buying clothes.

Do I even know what I'm talking about? Who knows...


I welcome comments and opposition. I want to hear what other people know on this topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment